Thursday, February 11, 2016

Re-Naming the Democratic Party

       

                                            The Demagoguery National Committee
        
    One description of a Demagogue is a person who is a rabble rouser, agitator, and soap-box orator.  According to Websters College Dictionary

    "A Demagogue is by definition; a political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices, rather than by using rational argument; one who gains power by arousing people's emotions and prejudices. 

     "Demagoguery" simply means "effective rhetoric on behalf of a political agenda." 

    If  these explanations accurately describe every popular candidate running for office in 2016 that calls him or herself a Democrat, then wouldn't it make sense to at least consider changing the name of the party they represent? And while we're at it, maybe replace the donkey with a blue Unicorn. 

     "A unicorn is described as a mythical creature that is conceived through sparkles, fairy dust and dreams."

    That would more accurately represent what Democrats claim to stand for, and the symbol of a happy unicorn would reflect a more polite expression, especially in the evolving politically correct environment that they work so hard to perpetuate; because remember, a mule or a donkey by another term is called a Jackass. I am somewhat shocked and a little beside myself that a movement isn't already underfoot by the DNC to at least explore changing that. It is as if they don't care about everyone's feelings, and I for one have always been deeply offended anytime someone called me a Jackass. 

      I have many times called the DNC and said my piece about it and sometimes I pretended to be weeping, as if my confidence in humanity had been shaken to its very core. You see, I am a lifelong Democrat that never bought into that sticks and stones crap because words cut through me like a saber. If I am called names or made fun of I feel a deep sense of being denied what I think I deserve, if for only being born and taking up space. While still in high school I was called a Honky more than once and to be truthful it has haunted me since. 

     My feelings are like most liberals; extremely sensitive and easily shattered. When I went looking for the meaning of "Honky" I discovered many Honkies in my family tree, including generation after generation of grandparents, uncles, cousins and aunts; going back to before the American Revolution, so you bet I feel entitled to apologies (in fact, over and over and over again) and whatever else I can get for my personal pain and suffering! 

    Therefore my newest demand is that if the Democrats cannot or will not come to my defense on this and other matters of importance to me,  then it is probably time to re-name the party and call it what it really is.
    
    They could become the  Demagoguery National Committee and still keep their current acronym.

    If they did, it would also temporarily boost the economy because companies that produce such products as t-shirts, sweat-shirts and bumper stickers would scramble to meet the demands of proud Demagogues everywhere who would flock to retail stores and on-line merchandising sites to purchase something with the new logo emblazoned on it. Think of the possibilities: coffee mugs, hats, figurines, under garments...it could be commerce with no boundaries with plenty of spenders eager to make a statement!

    Okay, I took a few liberties and mixed in a few shades of sarcasm here but who are we if we cannot laugh at ourselves or at others that make it so easy to do so? That is precisely what I do when other old Democrats try to serenade me with their brand of Democratic bullshit. I laugh at them and then I remind them that if they are still supporting this new-age Democratic Party then they are voting against their own best interest. None of us over the age of 50 should consider giving any Democratic candidate for office the time of day, let alone our vote if they aren't willing to include what is good for us in their conversations and political rhetoric. When they stopped caring about my generation I stopped caring about them.

    I filed for a divorce from the DNC, and from our local Democratic Party when they shifted their agenda to what is trendy from what is good and fair for all people. I divorced them when I discovered they were two-timing me; going out on me and my values and dating lawless people that have very little regard for decency. In its zeal to court groups of people that demand more than they are willing to contribute they have abandoned everyone else that isn't either black, impoverished, LGBT or under the age of 40. That new zealously for votes, regardless of how many lies they have to tell to get them has left me feeling  like someone that has been duped and used to satisfy their shady political fetishes. 
     
    That out-of-control political orgy they have taken to hosting doesn't offer much for anyone who has their eye on Social Security to survive, or to anyone that still believes that law enforcement should be supported, or that all of us deserve a strong military to protect us. 

    When I watched this year's anti-law enforcement and racist themed Superbowl half-time show I was fully expecting to see Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders on the field dressed as Black Panthers, singing and twerking with Beyonce, but I would have been let down again if I actually hoped to see that. I was somewhat miffed that both missed another golden opportunity to be trendy before millions of potential voters.

     Sanders and Clinton; that's the best my old party can present to me and millions more over the age of 50? That is like a choice between being mugged by friends or foes. When I received a mailer asking me to help fund one more mess after another instead of an invitation to their political orgy it was the last straw. When they elected to let another year pass with no increase in Social Security benefits to defray the escalating cost of living, and then had the balls to allow the IRS to send me a bill for taxes for the paltry sum I did receive it was like having my toes stepped on and then being punched in the face. And when they cannot admit or even utter any sort of expression that the lives of older white Americans also matter to the wellness of our country it is time for all of us who are willing, to finally say, enough is enough.

    In their attempt to call itself the party for all people it has firmly positioned itself to become the most arrogant, racist and bigoted American political organization in more than a century. And if you watch closely, as I have, you may notice a vulgar attempt by your local organized Democratic Party to weed out and dismiss anyone that does not endorse the chaos and culture of corruption they have adopted.

    There are still good Democrats that want to lead, but unless they fall in line with whatever is trendy or courts special interest groups they are vilified and then nullified. Don't believe it? Watch your mailbox for the literature that exiles other Democratic office holders and candidates that only want to do what is right. In Franklin County, Ohio we currently have the most vindictive and corrupt organized Democratic party in any one's memory and they take their marching orders from the wealthy, unseen leadership at the top.

    Every responsible voter, regardless of their political affiliation needs to pay closer attention to this new party of Demagogues, because if we don't, our hopes of ever getting back the documents that made our country great and strong could be lost forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment