Monday, November 3, 2014

Christmas Book

Click image to enlarge

In a few weeks my final publication for 2014 will be released by Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing; can you guess what it is about? In it will be found a collection of short stories, some I wrote and some I didn't but all of them reflections on special memories from Christmases long ago, a few date back to the 1930s and 1940s, all of them written by people who have connections to the old south end of Columbus, Ohio. A few months ago I invited anyone who wanted to become a part of this special project to tell me something about themselves and their family and how they celebrated the holiday season when they were growing up and to include as many old photos as they wished to share. This book is nearing completion and will be released on Thanksgiving day but there is still time (until November 20th) to become a part of it by telling your stories or simply telling Santa what you hope to receive for this Christmas.
The final chapter will be just that, a letter co-written and signed by my facebook pals, my blog readers and anyone who has a special wish they would like to share. Who knows, maybe the person or group of people who can  will see it and make a dream come true!

This has been a fun book to assemble and I want to extend a special appreciation to all of those who have already contributed something to it and to anyone who still might; I believe the release date will make it a fun read during the coming season and for years to come. So if you are not yet able to share photos or cobble together a full story you can still be included by sending a few simple lines about someone you want remembered or a special greeting to someone. Remember, the deadline is November 20th so give it some thought and let's get you or someone you care about in it. It can be as simple as "Dear Mom, missing you at Christmas" or as detailed as you want your message to read. That letter is now being crafted and looks a little like this;

Dear Santa; I am ending this year and closing this book with season's greetings, a few remembrances and some special wishes from a few friends...

I have had a good and prosperous year with Amazon and this is a way to bring together those who have encouraged me and made it possible, and to say thanks!

Write to me at imjustrick@aol.com or send me a message on facebook and join us in this worldwide publication to celebrate special people and times we cherish and hope will be remembered for a long time to come. 




No comments:

Post a Comment